For video instructions, see here: https://youtu.be/kPniUfjTaWk
Step 1: Startup
Download the NPE ConfigurEZ application (available for iOS and Android device in the respective App Store). Be sure to allow ConfigurEZ to have Bluetooth access on your device.
When your first receive your WYÛR, the WYÛR will be in a 'deep sleep' or battery saving mode. To wake the WYÛR, either
- Slide your WYÛR along the backside of your smartphone to use the NFC signal from your phone to wake the WYÛR (image below)
- Pop the cover off by inserting a coin or other flat device in the slot and twisting to open, then squeezing the case closed
You will know the WYÛR has woken up when the blue LED flashes and the WYÛR shows up as a connectable device in ConfigurEZ.
Step 2: Pairing and Configuration
If not open already, open ConfigurEZ on your device and select WYÛR to connect to it. Once connected you can begin the pairing and configuration process.
WYÛR Pairing and Configuration Modes:
- Outdoor Cycling: Options to use the WYÛR as a Cycling Speed Sensor, Cycling Cadence Sensor, heartbeatz Apple Watch heart rate broadcast, and to pair most standard fitness sensors. Allows for heart rate broadcasting in 5kHz
- Best used for outdoor cycling when connecting multiple sensor types , such as using an ANT+ only power meter with a Bluetooth cycling computer or for connecting your Apple Watch heart rate to a cycling computer.
- Indoor Cycling: The same setup as Outdoor Cycling with the added ability to pair a smart trainer
- Best used for any indoor cycling training, including Spin class. Works well to get all of your sensors into an Apple TV
- NOTE: To prolong battery life in WYÛR, we recommend either powering off your smart trainer or putting WYÛR in hibernate mode after each workout.
- Fitness Equipment: Options to use WYÛR as a Cadence ONLY Running Footpod, heartbeatz Apple Watch heart rate broadcast, and to pair a heart rate monitor, or fitness machine (such as a treadmill or the NPE Runn). Allows for heart rate broadcasting in 5kHz.
- Best used in the Gym to connect to a leaderboard or fitness equipment, or when Virtual Training on a treadmill or other fitness equipment.
- Outdoor Running: Only allows for the use of WYÛR as a Cadence ONLY Footpod.
- Best used for outdoor running with a smart watch to get an accurate cadence
Once you select your workout mode, tap the mode to begin configuration. To pair a sensor, select 'SCAN', then select either 'Bluetooth' or 'ANT+' depending on what sensors you are looking for. WYÛR will begin scanning NOTE: Be sure your sensors are awake and broadcasting. Typically, moving the sensor will do that, but please consult the sensor user manual for proper wake up procedures.
If WYÛR shows a sensor you do not want paired in that mode, simply select the 'Ignore' button and the next sensor will pop up.
When pairing Bluetooth sensors, you will have the option to choose which compatible sensor type you want to pair it as. In the event you want a sensor to be in 2 profiles, you will need to go through the pairing process for each sensor type. i.e. You want your smart trainer to be both the smart trainer for controllability by a virtual training app AND as your power meter input, you will need to go through the pairing process for each sensor type.
Once all of your sensors are paired, select 'APPLY'. WYÛR will restart and your mode will be selected. At this point, you can either start using WYÛR and close ConfigurEZ, or you can setup a secondary mode.
Step 3: Pairing WYÛR to Other Devices
This is quite possibly the most straight forward step. Make sure your WYÛR is awake (noted by the blue flashing LED) go through the standard pairing process for other sensors.
Virtual Training: Use WYÛR as the input for each device type paired to it. i.e. In Zwift, Select WYÛR under Power, Controllable, Cadence, and Heart Rate (assuming you have a smart trainer, cadence sensor, and heart rate monitor paired to WYÛR).
Garmin: Using the ANT+ broadcast, add the WYÛR as each individual sensor type being paired. i.e. you have a Bluetooth Power Meter and heartbeatz running through WYÛR, you would broadcast the signals as ANT+ and separately pair an ANT+ heart rate monitor and ANT+ Power meter in your Garmin. Each would be named WYÛR, but will have their own ANT+ profile.
Step 4: Crush Your Workout!
Pretty sure you know the steps here